DIY Olive Oil Makeup Remover
Makeup remover is the most important skin care/makeup product on your shelf. Makeup removers need not be expensive and come from a reputed brand to work out. The more simple and safer the product, the better it is. How many times in our lives, do we miss out on simple awesome stuff around us and find ourselves running after brands and cult products.
Lets talk about beauty benefits of Olive Oil, specially as makeup remover. Its inexpensive, easy to use and highly effective in both removing the makeup as well as nourishing the skin.
Olive oil is known not only for culinary skills but also for cosmetic use. Olive oil is loaded with healthy fatty acids which nourish the skin and also keep it moisturized. Its also high on antioxidants which help is fighting free radicals and help in slowing down the aging signs.
Olive Oil makeup remover formula:
Method 1(My way):
- Just take few drops of olive oil and massage it over your face,
- The oil will become warm as you massage , and start dissolving the makeup and dirt. Even waterproof products,
- Take a muslin cloth preferably or a cotton pad dipped in hot water and remove the olive oil,
- Hot water makes sure that we remove every trace of olive oil with dissolved makeup from our skin,
If required follow up with a mild cleanser and moisturizer.
Method 2: (Lighter version: You can prepare this mixture and store it in a container)
- Mix Rosewater with Olive oil (8 parts of rose water and 2 parts of olive oil)
- Since Oil floats over rosewater, shake the mixture before use,
- Take some mixture on a cotton pad and remove makeup,
Don’t be afraid to use Olive Oil makeup remover. Olive oil does not clog pores and will not break you out, if you cleanse your face properly after removing makeup. Another great benefits of using Olive oil makeup remover are,
- Beautiful long and healthy eye lashes,
- You will not have dry patches on your skin, Olive oil nourishes the skin too.
I am all head over heels in love with Olive Oil makeup remover.
Olive oil is one of the most versatile product every product ever known, used for heeling, hair growth and skin care. Will try to do more DIY posts about Olive Oil.
Have you tried Olive oil makeup remover ? If not you should definitely give it a try.