Year 2012 was the year of some great and some not so great launches in India. One such product was the BB(Blemish & Balm) cream, first introduced by The Body Shop and then Maybelline. Blemish and Balm (BB) creams are such a cult favorite amongst the ladies in South Korea. Its supposed to give medium coverage, hide light pigmentation and give a glow to the face.
I am quite surprised that I have not reviewed Maybelline B.B cream till now, when I must be on my 5-6th tube already. So this post will be about how this product faired on my oily skin, and we shall quickly compare it to my B.B love Maybelline cream.
Pond’s was the first one to launch tinted moisturizer to us Indians, but it never worked on my oily skin. It made me greasy and dull in few minutes of application. Then came Maybelline, and I was all bowled out by the fact that it gave me a perfect matte finish, slight coverage and definitely the glow.
But I am currently loving the Garnier B.B cream for so many reason.
- I had an issue with Maybelline cream that although it gave me matte finish, but it used to transfer on my mobile usually when I was under the sun, which is not the case with Garnier.
- The decent price tag which is almost half of Maybelline,
- Garnier includes SPF 24, whereas Maybelline has SPF 21
- Blends beautifully
Garnier B.B cream con’s over Maybelline B.B Cream:
- Garnier lacks behind Maybelline when we talk about coverage
- Shade availability. Maybelline comes in few variants for almost all skin shades. But Garnier comes only in one shade, which will not suit dusky beauties,
- As the claim says, it does not moisturize at all. Moisturizer is a must beneath the cream.
Have you tried the Garnier B.B Cream yet ?